Friday, May 16, 2008

TAG!!!

Ok, so we just got back from an Elder's quorum social where we played THE PRICE IS RIGHT! Somehow other than the Watt's and us, there were only 2 other contestants. Rocco and I came home the biggest losers. Kristen and Grady were on the Show Case Show Down...where Grady won.WooHoo!

Anyways, I was tagged by Marina...which means the following:
1.Find the closest book to you.
2.Turn to page 123.
3.Go to the 5th sentence.
4.Type the next 3 sentences.
5.Share the wealth and tag 3 other people. (I only know 2 other people w/blogs)


So, here goes. The quad was the closest thing to me (Go me!). The challenge didn't say which page 123 to use. After going through the Bible, BoM, and D&C I decided that D&C most applied to my life right now. It reads:
v.4. And now, verily, I, the Lord, will show unto you what I will concerning you, or what is my will concerning you. v.5.Behold, verily I say unto you, that it is my will that you should proclaim my gospel from land to land, and from city to city, yea, in those regions round about where it has not been proclaimed. v.6.Tarry not many days in this place; go not up unto the land of Zion as yet:but inasmuch as you can send, send; otherwise, think not of thy property.

Right now, I know the church is concerned about the low number of converts. It is essential that we as members step it up and start sharing the gospel. If we don't we'll start to see missionaries being pulled out of our wards (which is not a good sign). We have a ward mission plan right now that we're on. Our family is trying to share the gospel with our neighbor friends. I'll keep you posted on our progress. I bear my testimony that in my leadership position, my eyes have been open to the many aspects of the gospel that our dear prophet has to be concerned about. If we take out even one principle, the Lords church goes downhill. Amen! Yawn!

TAG--Tiffany and Mary!

2 comments:

Marina said...

That activity sounds like loads of fun! I'm sure walking away losers just about killed Rocco, huh?

More importantly, though, you get double kudos for having your scriptures close by! Love the verses. That's definitely something I need to work on. And, thanks for sharing your insight. I'm sure my sisters will be glad that you did not ramble on as much as me. OMG, am I getting like my mother? YIKES!

Liz Ann said...

Well, aren't we just the little brown noser having your scriptures the nearest book to you. I think you planned it like that on purpose. j/k