We spent Ethan's 7th birthday out at the Pine Island Club on Lake Murray. Grandpapa set it up, and we had a great time. All of the little kids swam, even though it was FREEZING! Everytime one of them came out of the water, they were shivering. Sometimes we caught the kids sitting in the lake dazed, like they were just trying to make it! The adults felt great in the sun, however. He enjoyed his presents. The men enjoyed a game of volleyball.
And, last but not least-the cake. I know everyone wants to know how it came out this time! I guess after 7 years of practice, I'm starting to come around. It tasted good (or so I'm told) and it didn't look like a disaster!lol You can see everything in the slide show.
It's hard to believe that he'll be baptized next year. Maybe some of his out of town aunts and uncles can make it?!
3 comments:
I LOVE the cake! Was the pool not open? It probably would have been warmer.
If we can't make it, we'll send a video or something. That's what I always had out of towners do. We had people singing, playing instruments, and giving talks all via video tape. Just an idea. Anyway, tell Ethan HAPPY B-DAY from the wolfepack.
Oh man, I totally forgot it was his bday. I wish I could have been there. A day at the lake sounds like fun. The cake looked good. I thought Amber's & Isabel's 1st year cake was cuter though. j/k just a little bias, thats all. Tell little man I said happy bday
LOL! The cake actually turned out good maybe I'm your bad luck charm! Robert was even interested in seeing how it turned out. The colors are really vibrant though, those would make a cool scrapbooking page...don't act like you're not going to!
Post a Comment