At this point, I don't think that I can express what trek meant to us. It's one of those things like when they ask you to give a talk in church and it benefits you more than the others. I KNOW the youth had an awesome experience, but we did too. It was nice to go back as an adult. I know it developed my testimony before, but I'm more spiritually mature now. We just felt the Spirit so strong over and over. Days after, we still couldn't talk about the experience without crying.
I told the youth, that the reason they were feeling the way they were was because of Charity. It is the pure love of Christ, and it can change YOU! When you are serving those you love, you can exprience this. And when we are going through trials, we are in the refiner's fire. They were allowing themselves to be molded in the Lord's hands. I only hope that they'll take it home and apply it.
I'm just so grateful that our Stk. Pres. has decided to keep up with this. The youth these days need a Trek more than ever. They need to be revolked from their electronic lives. The world is trying to make us so selfish now, it forces them to be the opposite. I really feel like it is the single best thing that they can participate in.
6 comments:
Oh wow! Those pictures took me back to our Trek! I still remember it so clearly! And yes you're right...the spirit was so strong then and I only imagine that it was stronger than ever now! Glad you guys had such an awesome experience!
Oh man I wish we could have gone!! All the youth look so great in there clothes, glad you guys made it through.
~e
The hardest part for Ethen and I, too, was not being able to help the youth. At one point we did, because they were struggling so much. But, you're right...the spirit is sooooo strong because of the way the kids serve each other. There is definitely charity permeating each person! They don't have trek out here and I am so disappointed because Brandon would have been able to go twice! I'm really glad y'all had a good time...y'all look amazing!!! Thanks for blogging about it.
when Mitch came home and said how wonderful it was and how much fun it was to be paired up with y'all, it made me jealous!!!! It would have been great to be there, but I'm glad for the reason I couldn't be as well. During the days of trek, I would just be driving around or at home and just feel the spirit so strong thinking about the experiences everyone would be having that day. It was so great to hear the youth bear testimony of the trek.
That is awesome! I must say Rocco looks pretty good as a Pioneer. He should have been raised back in the day :-) I'm glad y'all had such a good time. I need to go one year
It's good that y'all went! I wish we could have. (next Year) You both look so young and happy!
Post a Comment