I serve in Cub Scouts right now, so I was able to help make Scout Camp happen! I enjoy the time with the boys, although sometimes I feel bad that they are not with a man...
This year's theme was Aeronautics. I didn't get to take pics of everything that we did, because I was co-captain! But, I still managed to get some. Grandpapa came out one day and took some for me.
Initially, as the boys came to camp, they were able to make a water bottle. Our leader made embossed leather name tags for the boys to decorate.
Flag ceremonies are never ending! We do a lot of them. Jonah always wants to carry the American Flag. Did I mention that the camp took place in an open field?
This was part of water conservation. I did several Science experiments with the Webelos, then we re-used the water.
All of the boys made wind socks to chart the wind. Here's Jonah running around with his.
This was my favorite part-my Drugs and Alcohol Game (LoL). It sounds bad, right? The boys were read a question about these topics, and if they got the answer wrong-they were shot by the leaders with water guns. If they got it right, they got to shoot us, but we were able to run!
This was one leader to the left, and I was running to the right. Ethan is split up the middle. I guess that he couldn't resist the urge to shoot his Mom!
Here are Jonah and Vince (what's he doing here!) making kites. Grandpapa brought Vince out to see what Scout Camp is like. It was fun having him there.
It was hot, but the boys were good sports. Ethan was chilling while enjoying the fire that they made.
This is Ethan and Cam. They have been close friends since Kindergarten. They look like twins! Cam comes with us to Cub Scouts.
Here's Giana and Amber with friends learning how to build a fire, this seems like a bad idea! The families came the last day to have a camp out. It was a lot of fun. We made hobo dinners, s'mores, and a great breakfast.
Some things not pictured: nature "hike", swimming, service project, rocket derby, first aid, a new found love for oranges!
2 comments:
That drug game sounds fun! I may have to steal that for some other trivia quiz. ;)
Vince had a great time. He can't wait to be in Cub Scouts!!!
Post a Comment