Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy 10 years!

Man, we wanted to really do something cool for our 10 year mark. But, life happens. We were actually talking about what the first 10 years has brought us. We haven't gone anywhere overnight without kids in 8 years! To us, that was a testament of what phase of life we've been in for those first 10...baby making!
Anyways, we were able to go somewhere for the day. This week has been full of contention from different sources and it's been stressful. So, I said I really wanted to get away and relax on the beach. So, we went to Chals. It was great, we were actually able to fall asleep on the beach!!

Apparently, Roc couldn't open his eyes...nice.

We went to a restaurant that had some really good Po Boys. Roc got fish tacos, but they were a "No go". We had to send them back. But, he was able to upgrade to my food. So, we both ate Po Boys.

De-Lish!

Ironically, these were his tacos. As you can see, this was his first bite.
We finished our trip by eating at Ghirabaldi's, doin' the Slave Market thing, and eating Coconut ice cream at Haagen Das. We are both such foodies!
I'm putting this plug in for posterity...Marriage can either be the greatest thing-EVER! Or it can be the most miserable. The decision will be the most important decision you will make for EtErNiTy. So, make sure to approach it humbly, through prayer. Rocco, is the greatest gift I have ever recieved and ever will (other than eternal life). He compliments me beautifully, and I hope I do the same for him. You can have an idea of what you want in a companion. But, you do not truely know, however, the Lord knows ALL! I am full of gratitude and joy.








4 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been that long! Seems like yesterday you guys started dating!!! Where did the time go? Anyways...Happy 10 years ya'll!!! Love ya!

Marina said...

Glad y'all got a little get-away!!! We need to start planning our combined celebration in five years. ;) It needs to be something grand! (Meditarranean)

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Michelle said...

Nice plug ;)
and Happy Anniversary!!

Rebekah Del Priore said...

Time Flies when you're having FUN! Congrats on the BIG 10 Years!
And it's still not too late to take an over-nighter, we'l keep the kids. Just thought I'd offer:)